Woman rescued from burning flat after falling asleep with hob on

    Photo Credit - GMFRS

    Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) has issued warnings after rescuing a woman from a flat fire.

    The incident took place in the early hours of Tuesday 13 March in the Fallowfield area.

    GMFRS said the blaze begun when the woman fell asleep with a pan left unattended on an electric cooker.

    There was minimal damage to the flat but service bosses have warned about the dangers of cooking after drinking following the incident.

    More from Local and National News

    Listener Club

    Get more with the Listener Club!

    • Remix Saturdays Remix Saturdays

      Every Saturday evening we turn to remixes of hit songs to get you in the Saturday night party mood! Every Saturday between 5pm - 8pm

    • The Golden Era The Golden Era

      The golden era of Bollywood celebrated in this weekly show full of classics taking you back in time. Every Sunday between 5pm - 7pm

    • Alim OnAir Alim OnAir

      Have you a question about the religious, cultural or tradition aspect of Islam? Then join Hazrat Maulana Fazal Dad in the weekly show every Friday between 8-9pm.

    • Legal Show Legal Show

      Once a fortnight we dedicate a show to discussing legal issues and family / matrimonial law in particular. Alternate Friday mornings between 9am-11pm.