Candle warning follow tragic Bradford house fire

    Photo Credit - WYFRS

    West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service (WYFRS) is reminding homeowners of the potential dangers of candles and tealights, following a fatal house fire in Bradford.

    Firefighters were called out to a property on St Leonards Road in the Girlington area in the early hours of 23 January.

    The occupant, a woman in her 70s, died following the fire despite the best efforts of attending fire crews who rescued her from the property and attempted to revive her alongside ambulance paramedics.

    A WYFRS spokesperson said the most likely cause was “due to candles or tealights accidentally igniting combustible items nearby”.

    The circumstances around the fire are being investigated further.

    More from Local and National News

    Listener Club

    Get more with the Listener Club!

    • Alim OnAir Alim OnAir

      Have you a question about the religious, cultural or tradition aspect of Islam? Then join Hazrat Maulana Fazal Dad in the weekly show every Friday between 8-9pm.

    • The Golden Era The Golden Era

      The golden era of Bollywood celebrated in this weekly show full of classics taking you back in time. Every Sunday between 5pm - 7pm

    • Legal Show Legal Show

      Once a fortnight we dedicate a show to discussing legal issues and family / matrimonial law in particular. Alternate Friday mornings between 9am-11pm.

    • Bhangra Nights Bhangra Nights

      Get over the Weekday blues - Every Tuesday night is party night with the best Bhangra and Urban Asian Beats. The Bhangra Show every Tuesday between 8pm-11pm