Set against the backdrop of Uttar Pradesh in India, ‘Mirzapur’ has already established itself as the talk of the town for its spine-chilling narrative.
The 9-part series is produced by Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani, who join once again to bring us another game-changing series – this time with a brand new gangster drama.
The series stars Pankaj Tripathi, Ali Faizal, Vikrant Massey, Shweta Tripathi and Divyendu Sharma in avatars like never before. Not only does the trailer boast a powerful star-studded cast, but also weaves a tale into the world’s mistrust and uncertainties.
Here are the five best scenes from the trailer which are sure to leave you craving the latest binge-worthy series.
- The trailer opens with Pankaj Tripathi with a fierce gaze, which will go on to become synonymous with his revered character, followed by an introduction of the powerful star-cast. The sequence sets the tone for the brutal journey you’re about to witness – filled with an array of violence, power and hostility, all gripping us with every development.
- The successive scenes will take you through the family narrative of the monarchs of the Mirzapur- the Tripathi’s introducing Divyendu Sharma playing the fearless Munna Tripathi.
- Not just the Tripathis, the trailer also acquaints us with the Pandit brothers- Guddu and Bablu. The two brothers command this playoff in a manner you wouldn’t have ever thought of. In a jungle full of treacherous gangsters, Ali Faizal and Vikrant Massey will be seen justifying their on-screen avatars in full swing.
- The plot also boasts a strong group of female characters, who prove throughout the series that they are just as familiar with their way around a weapon. The strong female characters of Mirzapur will be sure to blow your mind as they prove that the gangland culture in Uttar Pradesh is not exclusive to the hard, scarred faces of the men.
- The veteran actor Kulbhushan Kharbanda will also play a pivotal role. The scene establishes him with a pistol in his hand which adds further curiosity amongst the viewers.