‚Äč

Pakistan teen electrocuted fetching kite

A teenager in Pakistan was electrocuted to death as he was flying a kite.

The 14-year-old, identified as Sohaib, was catching the kite in the Misri Shah area of Lahore when its metallic string fell onto a high-tension electric wire.

Dawn News reports that, following his death, relatives and other locals gathered near his house and raised slogans against the police and the Punjab government for their alleged “failure” to check kite-flying.

More from South Asia