Young woman who suffered a drug overdose at Leeds nightclub named

A young woman who died of a suspected drugs overdose in the early hours of Monday morning has been named locally as 18-year-old Courtney Chamberlain.

Police were called to the Leeds-based nightclub ‘The Warehouse’ at 3.18am on Bank Holiday Monday after being contacted by staff at Leeds General Infirmary, reporting an 18-year-old girl had collapsed at the nightclub and subsequently taken into the hospital.

She was pronounced dead a short time later.

It is thought she had ingested MDMA and suffered a cardiac arrest.

Speaking on the death of the young woman, Detective Inspector Amanda Wimbles of Leeds CID, said: “Taking illegal substances is incredibly dangerous and I would urge anyone considering doing so to think twice before doing so.

“We are supporting the family of the deceased.”

West Yorkshire Police have confirmed a 19-year-old man arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs was released on Monday night pending further investigation.

More from Local News