‚Äč

100 children hospitalised over food poisoning in Pakistan

At least 100 children suffering from food poisoning were hospitalised after eating poisonous Chat in Pakistan.

The incident took place in the village of Amrot near Shikarpur in Sindh province on Wednesday.

According to parents, the children ate Chat from a park near the village after which their condition deteriorated. At least 80 children were shifted to Tehsil Hospital Lucky Ghulam Shah and 20 others were taken to nearby hospitals where doctors confirmed that the children were suffering from food poisoning.

All the children are said to be in a stable condition.

Police have started an investigation and have conducted raids to arrest the Chat vendor.

More from South Asia